Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

BlueHavoc's HR Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueHavoc911

Makrut Lime
Discord Username
bluehavoc911

Steam ID
STEAM_0:1:81937896

Timezone
Eastern Standard Time

How long have you been a member of our community?
I joined right when the last iteration closed so I never really got to experience it, but I kept track of the discord progress and joined upon the Reopening. So two days now.

Do you have any previous experience with roleplaying administrative or organizational roles?
Yes.

Hadron Imperial RP ISB Agent: While this role may sound very edgy, the role was actually lots of passive rp and communicating with other organizations to discuss operations and activities that were being conducted. Just like HR in real life, people do not like when other departments come to in and potentially interfere with their daily conduct. One of the skills needed for the role was the ability to be able to interview someone for multiple reasons, security clearance applications, witnesses, suspects, or new recruits. As time went on and my character become more senior it turned more into managing Agents into their were conducting their jobs correctly and assigning them cases.

Orwell 1984 RP State Police Detective: This role was also very investigation heavy. Again it was required my character to conduct a lot of interviews, but also interacting with the environment and picking apart crime scenes. I would say this role greatly developed abilities to help others visualize how your characters facial and text inflictions.

What interests you about the Human Resources faction and its roleplay opportunities?
What peaks my interest about HR, is the potential for lots of quality social rp situations. I feel as if HR is going to focus heavily on how your character interacts and speaks with other staff members, as each situation is going to require a different solution. By partaking in these scenarios I feel as I can really help the server and its players by developing their characters as it will be required for them to explain their actions, their goals, and parts of their backstories.

Outline a scenario in which your character would be required to resolve an interdepartmental conflict.

Kelly Wolfgang would sigh this was going to be her third consultation of the day and she wasn't quite sure her how much longer she could put on that "corporate smile" for today. She steadied herself in her office chair to regain her emotions and focus. The only sound was the HVAC system and her quite breathing.

"Please let this be over fast," she thought.

Kelly stood up and checked herself in the mirror to confirm she was presentable. Her black blazer was all nice and neat, but her pantsuit had a tiny coffee stain on her left thigh from this morning. Kelly hoped that they wouldn't see it before she sat down behind her desk. Her heels were killing her feet and she just wanted lay down and go to sleep and turn her phone off, but she needed to keep her emotions under control and finish this last consultation of the day, after all, how could she get two full grown adults to agree and control their feelings if she could not control her own?

Kelly strode to the door and let out one last sigh before putting on her smile and opened the door pulling it towards her, "Mr. Campbell, Mrs. Nyugen, welcome please come in!"

The two staff members held stern faces, it was obvious their department leads were forcing them to attend the consultation. The first one to walk past Kelly was Jack Campbell, a tall man with brown hair wearing an orange maintenance jumpsuit. He still had black sut on his face from whatever system he was working on and had his white hard hat covered in stickers tucked under his left armpit.

Lisa Nyugen followed after Jack. Lisa was a short Asian women with short cut black hair. She was wearing a chef's attire and when Lisa walked passed Kelly the smell of a commercial kitchen was intruding Kelly's nose.

"Please sit," Kelly offered as she closed the door and then walked back behind her desk sitting down. "Now I'm sure you both know why you have been brought in here," Kelly said while collapsing both of her together in her lap.

The two had their arms crossed across the chest looking in opposite directions as if seeing so much as seeing each other in their peripheral was going to ignite their emotions.

"So we are going to discuss future actions that we are asking for you to take so you two can return to the work environment and maintain a positive professional relationship together. Mr. Campbell could you please explain your side of the story.

Jack gave a quick glare to Lisa, before making eye contact with Kelly, "Well the past two weeks I've been trying to fix appliances and systems in the kitchen and every time Mrs. Nyugen here constantly complains to me that I'm in the way and that last machine is broken again and that I keep leaving tools, nothing I can do is right. Even though what it really is that she doesn't know how to use the appliances properly and is not falling facility polices on these systems."

Kelly nodded and maintained eye contact with Jack has he spoke. She stopped agreeing though when Jack shifted the blame to Lisa and cocked her head to one side.

"I see," Kelly said, "Lets not shift blame though Mr. Campbell. Mrs. Nyugen also has a side of this story."

Jack rolled his eyes and shifted his gaze back to the wall.

"Well," Lisa started, "I have found three separate tools now left behind and as soon as I turned on the stove it lost power again. I cannot continue to let this man work in my kitchen. He keeps breaking appliances and leaving stuff behind which are health code violations."

Kelly nods and maintained eye contact with Lisa, "Right. Well now both of you..."

Kelly dragged out the end of the sentence so both of them turned to look at her. "Too easy" she thought.

"Excuse me, both of you are very passionate about your job it seems, and we here at BMRF are very grateful that as you know. It seems though both of you are under a lot of stress understandably. So both of you are going to tell the me what the stresses of your job are, Jack....how about you start us off," Kelly said.

"Well I check in usually around 6am and go straight into fixing whatever the graveyard shift could not finish if its an emergency. If that's all settled I'll start my work requests and those usually take all day depending on the systems and amount. What happens though is sometimes I don't have the right equipment to fix it and then the other departments begin to complain that I'm lacking in my abilities to do my job which is very frustrating. I also a lot time have to stay and work late because it's a critical system to facility operations. It's just lots of long hours and high demand," Jack dropped his hands as she finished and kept his gaze on Kelly.

"I see Mr. Campbell well of course, we appreciate your work here not many can work on these systems like you and the rest of or maintenance staff. Lisa," Kelly turned to her, "Now what's been bothering you about work?"

Lisa sighed, "I have to meet the same timeline every day, I have to get extreme amounts of food ready in time for the staff members to be able to eat for all three meals, sometimes four if I stay overtime and do the midnight meal for the graveyard staff. If I do not meet these timelines supervisors will be disappointed and other staff members will be mad at the kitchen staff. It does not matter if appliances are working or not we have to get some food out there for the faculty."

"Of course, I can see how that's very stressing Mrs. Nyugen. Now both of you, I hope hearing the others problems out loud in a calm manner helps see their point of view. Jack?"

Jack would stare at the wall for second before sighing, "Yes, I see how Lisa is worried if I don't fix appliances it will ultimately effect her."

"Good good, and now Lisa?"

Lisa would turn to both of them, "It does it really does, but.....I also see how having to work on a lot of different systems could be stressful and make it hard to really focus on just mine."

"I think we are making some progress," Kelly stated with a smile. "I'm going to type a counseling sheet and put down what we did here today. I'm email to you two and CC your direct supervisors. As for actions to take now, I'm going to recommended to your supervisors that you both take a week of vacations days and rest where you choose, and focus on yourself for a week instead work. That way you come back and we maintain our work environments here at Black Mesa. Any questions?"

Kelly looked between the two of them. Both were silent and but much less angry when they came in.

"Right well," Kelly stood up, and headed for the door opening it, "I suggest you two go talk to your supervisors and they will send you home for the day."

The two stood up and walk outside the office.

Kelly would put on her well practiced smile, "Thank you before for being understanding, we love having you here at BMRF. Have a wonderful day!"

"Thank you," mumbled Jack and Lisa only nodded her head.

Kelly closed the door and instantly dropped her smile. "Not my best work." she thought, but this was her third one day and she couldn't wait to get home. The phone than rang. Kelly sighed before walking over to the phone and see who was calling, and of course it was her supervisor.

Kelly picked it up. "Kelly Wolfgang how can I help sir?" she cheerfully asked, even though she did not mean it.

"Mr. McGregor and Mr. Romeo? Very well I'll call them up right now. Yes sir.. Of course sir.... Okay take care sir, see you tomorrow!"

Kelly set the phone back into the base.

"Son of a bitch," she thought.

Describe your understanding of the responsibilities and tasks associated with the Human Resources role.
I would see them as settling disputes between coworkers, interviewing new hires, keep tracking of personal records, and working on work place events for the staff to enjoy time together. HR is an important part of any business and if the server is to simulate one then HR is just as important for the characters.

How do you plan to contribute positively to the roleplay experience within the Human Resources faction?

As stated before I want to help players to develop their characters through social interactions so that we can see how the players character stands out from the rest of the server. Each players experience is important and different and I want to make sure as many people possible get to run with their characters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back